Maurice Sendak's picture book is published by Harper & Row. From the original book jacket: "Max, sent to his room for acting wildly, sails to the land where the wild things are. His adventures there, and the inevitable and satisfactory ending, form a unique and unforgettable experience. Every child will recognize Max's feelings and his fantasy. And they, as well as adults, will revel in the rich, glorious pictures painted as only Sendak could paint them."
* Advertisement in New York Times, December 1963: @
* Sendak biography and timeline (from Rosenbach Museum & Library, Philadelphia): @
* Bibliography (from University of California Berkeley Library): @
* Library of Congress Catalog Record: @
* Caldecott Medal home page: @